Ozark National Scenic Riverways outfitters get green light to reopen on May 9
Recreation opportunities and services on the Jacks Fork and Current rivers that were curtailed during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic are now being expanded.
Outfitters that rent canoes, kayaks and tubes will be allowed to reopen beginning May 9 if they wish, according to an Ozark National Scenic Riverways news release
ONSR says the National Park Service is working with federal, state and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis.
Beginning May 9, Ozark National Scenic Riverways will expand access as follows:
- Park concession operations and outfitters will be authorized to open for business at their discretion, as they are able to meet CDC guidelines. Some float concessions may opt to remain closed as they adapt their business practices to implement CDC guidelines to help reduce the spread of COVID-19;
- Camping on gravel bars and dispersed camping along the Ozark Trail will be allowed;
- The spring branch hiking trails at Big Spring and Alley Spring will reopen, as well as the staircase into Devils Well.
COVID-19 COVERAGE:Gov. Parson kicks off 'reopening' day at Bass Pro, Cox South
The following spaces and services continue to be available:
- Restrooms at many river access points and day use areas will continue to be open as they have been;
- Park rangers are available to answer questions by phone at 573-323-4236, from 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m., seven days a week.
幸运飞艇跟人工计划With public health in mind, the following facilities currently remain closed:
- All campgrounds and designated campsites will remain closed but are expected to reopen on May 22, with the exception of group campsites;
- All picnic pavilions and group campsites will remain closed but are expected to reopen on June 5;
- Restrooms and showers are expected to reopen May 22, although there will be short closures to accommodate rotations for cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with CDC guidelines;
- All visitor contact stations, including the Alley General Store and Van Buren Visitor Information Center, will remain closed.
“We are following state and local guidance, as well as the White House guidelines for Opening Up America Again, and will follow a phased approach to reopening our facilities and bringing back our summer workforce,” said Acting Superintendent Jason Lott.
幸运飞艇跟人工计划“We are continuing to evaluate how soon we can safely open additional facilities and resume services and programming. Visitors are encouraged to continue taking any personal safety precautions that make them feel more comfortable during their visit.”
The public should follow local area health orders, including the guidance in the Show Me Strong Recovery Plan at showmestrong.mo.gov幸运飞艇跟人工计划, practice Leave No Trace principles, avoid crowding and avoid high-risk outdoor activities.
COVID-19 RESPONSE:Precautions taken as Battlefield Mall reopens
ONSR is still offering virtual tours, images and kids activities for people who are still home schooling or not traveling at www.nps.gov/ozar/virtualpark.htm, or visit @ozarkriverways on Facebook or @ozarkriverwaysnps on Instagram.
幸运飞艇跟人工计划For additional information, please contact 573-323-4236, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., seven days a week.